Thursday, May 15, 2014

Architecture: Skillful Hands

I start using Google Sketchup Pro in 2011. I was a bit scared to move the mouse to explore the software. Then step by step I learn to do simple model thru it.

I still remember how envy I am to my other classmates that can manipulate SU (Sketchup) greatly. They even applied VRAY to their model. They do those like a pro. In those I secretly practice at home, watched Youtube tutorials on how to do this and that perpectly. I aim to surpass the skills they have and proudly post it on my social media accounts, just like what they're doin.

I was obssessed on learning those stuffs until I was became a part of Matrix Design. I met the people there, they taught me different things and I've realized that those softwares are important in our field, yet it will be a waste If you focus yourself too much.
In Architecture, the most valuable thing is the design. It is the mother of all the arts so it should be the best among the rest. Then planning and conceptualizations follows. Our leader used to tell me that our skills in drawings and designing are the important key to our profession and being updated to technology is just a bonus.

I still want to learn more. I practice often, but both in computerized and manually. Sketch your ideas, do the drafts then encode it thru different softwares. Enchancing and maintaining your abilities in Architecture is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment